Exercising while recovering from surgery

I just had a baby four months ago and I am about to have a few surgeries. I have to have surgery on my left foot on 11 Feb. Once I recover from that, I will have surgery on my right foot. Somewhere in there I am also having a sling put in to hold my bladder up (gotta love what kids do to us LOL). With all of this, does anyone have any recommendations on things I can do while recovering to prevent me from gaining weight on top of the baby weight I still have to lose? Better yet, know what I can do to continue to lose the baby weight? I am against diet pills and prefer eating healthy and exercising but I am worried since I will be limited with what I can do exercise wise, especially with the foot surgeries.

cat1622

Asked by cat1622 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well I'm no expert but I saw that no one answered your question.
    If I were in your shoes I would get dumbells and do curls and other arm work outs. I don't think crunches are an option for you with the sling, huh? Experiment with floor exercises. Thats what I do while I watch tv...leg lifts and stuff like that.
    You might google exercises for disabled people who can't use their feet/legs, or depending on your finances, work with a personal trainer who specializes in this sort of thing. Hope that helps!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009