Tide soap to wash dishes!?

.....My mom is out of dish soap (to handwash a few dishes) so i told her to dissolve a Cascade packet (dish washer soap) into the sink & use that...
She headed towards the laundry room & was going to get some TIDE soap & a lil bit of bleach instead to wash dishes...

Am I wrong to think that is not good?! Is it OK to use Tide soap + bleach for washing dishes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 18, 2012 in Home & Garden

• it may be ok if you are in a pinch but I wouldn't do it myself
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2012

• The problem is I don't know if Tide, which is meant for clothes is food safe. You have to eat off your dishes and if there is any residual soap left that is not food safe it may make you sick.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2012

• I guess in a pinch ... and I wouldn't do drinking glasses! I think it would need a zillion rinses
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2012

• I would do it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:29 PM on Feb. 18, 2012

• I think it would be fine. You would probably need to give them an extra rinse. I'm pretty sure that in the days before there were so many specialized products for every chore, people did use laundry soap to do their dishes.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2012

• Laundry detergent might be rougher on your hands - especially if it contains bleach. I'd wear rubber gloves and rinse extra well.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:31 PM on Feb. 18, 2012