Are all contractions painful at begining with labor?

Can some contractions be uncomfortable. I am getting contractions that are uncomfortable, but not painful. Stomach is def. tightening. every 5 minutes, most pain is in my groin and hip area, but not making me double over. I am not wanting to get my hopes up again and go to hospital to be disappointed once again.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My contractions make me feel as if I have to push. So no idea what that is about.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• With my daughter I didn't feel any contractions until an hour after my water broke. Apparently I had been in labor all day but I didn't know it. It felt like period cramps for me.
    Mommatoobe

Answer by Mommatoobe at 6:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• just moniter them if they seem to get more intense and closer together and are in asteady pattern then you are good to go
    garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 6:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My contractions were the same way... they didn't become more painful until later on, but even them they were managable.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 6:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I just know contractions are 5 min, but I have been fooled before.... I just do not want to get my oldest DD excited again and the family all excited again to be nothing.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 6:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I was in early labor for a week with my son and kept going to the hospital. They kept sending me home. Then my water broke at 11:30 pm and my hubby decided I wasn't really in labor so he wanted to go to sleep. I told him (with tears in my eyes) that the on-call OB said to come in NOW. Until my water broke my contractions were about the same as cramps (like another PP said) and they intensified after my water broke. BUT - if you feel you want to push then GO NOW!!!!!
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• When I first went to the hospital & they hooked me up to the monitor it showed I was having contractions but I didn't even feel them, when they start getting really painfull thats when the time is getting close,
    Anonymous

• I was having contractions for 2 days that were not painful at all. Finally when they got to be 3 minutes apart the doctor told me to go to the hospital. On the way there I told my husband that I was convinced they would send me home. I wasn't in pain at all! I definitely noticed the contractions, but no pain. But, I was far enough along for them to admit me. Did some walking laps around the hospital and had my son about 10 hours later.
    GinaNewMom2008

Answer by GinaNewMom2008 at 8:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2009