Do you ever feel...

just completly alone? You have friends, but you feel like you can't talk to them? Or they are busy when you need to talk and it just makes you feel so alone?

I've got some really good friends, a great family and a wonderful hubby. But I still feel totally alone a lot of times. Am I the only one? What do you do to feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Nope, me too.

I read a book. Or I play guitar.
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 6:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• p.s. feel free to message me
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 6:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I completely understand what you are feeling. That's why I started doing things for me. When I feel like that...I leave the kids with my husband and I go and read or go window shopping or something for myself. If you want somebody to talk to, feel free to message me. I'm always looking for a new friend. =)
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Well, I felt like that today. I counted my blessings, took a shower, hung on CM, had a glass of wine and accepted the fact that I feel that way. I can look for friendship and companionship and if I am lucky, I will find it tomorrow. My mood might be better too. Reading is good too. My pug keeps me company. I pretty much look forward to bed and hope tomorrow is better. Life is up and down for me.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• YEA I SUMTIMES FEEL THAT WAY ESPECIALLY NOW THAT I AM A MOM! I FEEL THAT THINGS IN MY LIFE DEFINTLY HAS CHANGED BUT, 4 THEM THEY JUST STOPPED FEELING LIKE WE CAN'T HANG OUT ANYMORE, SO I'VE JUST LEARNED 2 DEAL WIT THA FACT THAT IF THEY WERE REAL FRIENDS IT WOULD'NT MATTER ,BUT! I'M GUD I HAV MY SON!!
    red-alert86

Answer by red-alert86 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You are not alone. I find that it is very common among women. Try doing something to build your self esteem up (exercise is great, take a class, join Gymboree and socialize with other moms in your position). My sister-in-law also passed on a book to me that is just awesome and will help you. It is called "I used to be a good mom before I had kids". Search for that title on Amazon to find the author if you're interested. I wish you the best of luck!!
    mamacash14

Answer by mamacash14 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Thank you ladies. It's not that I have low self esteem. It's more that I'm living in a foreign country, have no family here besides the kiddos, haven't made friends here yet (acquaintances yes, friends not so much), the hubby won't be home for another couple months and the time difference makes it hard to connect with friends and family back home. So I kind of just feel alone here. The kids are great, just the lack of adult interaction gets to me.

Anonymous

• Its hard to. I moved from my whole family and you just gotta step up and get out there and be friendly and meet other mom friends. Women are usually pretty nice when you are nice too. Its not easy but thank God for this site! oh and when i feel alone I remember that God is always with me and Im never alone... even if you dont believe in him.. he is there and you are never alone! That should bring some comfort also.
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Completely normal. Especially when you think you have a close friend and uts bs. Just know that you have a family and hubby and not a single mom struggling to make ends meet and and the dad is a deadbeat. Just think how much better off you are.Don't worry things will get better.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Yes, I feel the same way you do. I just tried to read a book or listen to some really good music. This has helped me.
    bishomi

Answer by bishomi at 9:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2009