How do you get crayon out of clothes? I just opened my dryer to find a load of clothes ruined by a blue crayon!

luvmyguyandgirl

Asked by luvmyguyandgirl at 4:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Home & Garden

• :( They are most likely ruined. Sorry!
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I had the same problem, and I never found a way to get the stains out.
    If you find a way to get your stains out, please let the rest of us know how you did it.
    ;)
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 4:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I use washable crayons. They say washable on the box and sure enough with some soap and water they wash off everything...including clothes. Also try a little Oxy clean. I have found that gets out everything as well from chocolate milk to spaghetti sauce.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 5:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Try goo gone...there is also something else, I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me, but I got it at Wal Mart...in the aisle with the goo gone...It worked after I dried my clothes in a laundry mat dryer that had a green crayon in it! Good Luck!
    mama14572

Answer by mama14572 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• crayola crayola crayloa everything is washable a moms bestfriend.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• in the laundry isle. there are those little yellow bottles from Carbona, they are called stain devils. each bottle treats a different kind of stain. they have one for ink, one for greese, wine, grass, blood....etc. and they have one for crayons.
    my son put a red crayon in the DRYER a few years back. if it were not for that CARBONA, all my husband's dress shirts would have been ruined.
    on the upside. the other garments ( like the house dresses for my daughter, I didn't treat with the stain devil. but yet. the stains came out with continuous washings. go figure.
    best of luck. keep us posted.
    proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 6:06 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• just a guess but put everything in the freezer and chip it off?
    paulad

Answer by paulad at 6:47 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I have always just rewashed them and everything has come out.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 7:38 PM on Jul. 18, 2008