Class in a couple of days, no books!!!

I start class soon and still have no books and have no way of scraping up the $400+ for them. My job cut my hours way back to where what I was making was going to bills then I got laid off. I have no way of paying for them. A family member has offered help but NO word from her. What should I do out of desparation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• most colleges have all required text books in their libraries. go there, plan to stay a while, and read, getting all your assignments done. that's what i have to do this term. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 6:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You might try a site called bigwords, www.bigwords.com they compare prices of all textbook places and you can get you books pretty cheap. If you still can't afford it I would do what the OP said and plan on spending some time at the library.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 7:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You might also qualify for a book loan through your school. I'd contact financial aid and see what they can do.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• try your local community action council, sometimes they give temporary help w/school
    Anonymous