Did you know that some police officers, nurses and doctors are working the ignauration as volunteers?

I think it's great. I'm watching the news right now and from here 150 police officers and a trauma team(nurse & doctors) are going to DC to work. They are however working on a volunteer basis. It's so nice to see that not eeveyone is os divided. Although CM seems to be very divided and some are very angry, in the real world (not virtual) America in some ways is coming together. I love it. I wonder what other places are sending first responders to DC. anyone knows?

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 7:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• i think its great that people volunteer their services for this inauguration, or any other event where crowd control is an issue. fabulous...however, i think people would've done this no matter who was being inaugurated. i could be wrong, but i tend to believe in the goodness of the people, for the people. BO will be heavily guarded, as would any pres-elect, so its not necessarily for him. nice to hear that we still have those taking care of their fellow citizens...and not just being angry and nasty with each other.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have found that the real world is much nicer than the vitural world of CM. Makes you wonder why people want to escape the real world!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Maybe they should log their hours and use it for college money. Yeah, riiiiiggghhhtttttt.
    Anonymous

• That's wonderful about the volunteers
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My mom is volunteering. She always volunteers for big events where medical emergencies can happen and where there is a shortage of medical staff... Volunteering is good no matter what it is for. You never know, that extra medical help might be needed in the cold.

Anon 7:25 PM, wish your "answer" made a little bit more sense and had been grammatically correct...
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• yeah there are a lotta good people in the world and we need to come together in this time of need under a smart, caring leader.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• How wonderful. Great post.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 10:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think it is great that smart, talented people are coming together and lending a hand. Anon if you are going to make smart ass remarks you need to check your grammar and spelling before hand. Mmmkay

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• thehairnazi nice to hear that we still have those taking care of their fellow citizens...and not just being angry and nasty with each other.
    ------------------------------
    exactly what this post is about
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• That's really cool that they are volunteering their time, I would be too to get to be there. Like I said in an earlier post I might not have voted for him, but now that he's the Pres I realize what he has done that is soooo AWESOME and GREAT!!!! He has inspired hope to a drowning America, GODSPEED OBAMA.....PARTY ON!!!! LET'S GET THIS TRAIN ON THE TRACK AGAIN.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 6:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2009