Would you be offended if...? part 2...lol

what if it was your inlaws? I can understand them they are in their late 60's would you offer to clean their home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yea if I had the time, but my MIL is a huge clean freak.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 7:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If they need help, I would ask. If they have bad eyesight and they are aware of needing help, for instance. I would not offer if they are ok.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• For some reason I think you might be looking for a different word...offended just doesn't seem to fit.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• yeah I agree munch
    Anonymous

• if they are old then help them dont be offended by the way they keep THEIR house
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think to not offend, I'd offer as a gift on a special occasion....birthday, anniversary, Christmas.....that sort of thing. Then they won't see it as criticism, but rather a gift. They may love it so much, that you could then talk to them about helping out whenever.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• OK Much12502 what word then you fill in the blank and for anonymous at 6: 10.

I don't mean me offended I mean my SIL or inlaws.

It is funny how you ask a question and somebody has to twist things around.eye rolling

Anonymous

• Nah..... I wouldn't think it offensive if my SIL came out of the bathroom and went straight back in.....with a mop.... more power to em. I'd probably follow her to see what she was doing.... and probably make some comment like "driving you nuts too eh?" But I'm like that.... I'll clean a counter at my friends house "cuz it's driving me nuts" and my friends are the same way with me..... but then we're a very accepting bunch... like literally the village raises the children type, ya know.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 7:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• this would make more sense. someone that wants a clean house but probably isnt capable of doing it that well. they might like the help. as for the SIL it seems like a little dirt doesnt bother her much, if you say something it might not make a difference besides causing tension
    learae

Answer by learae at 7:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Nicely put PaceMyselfgood

Anonymous