Lactating after a year?

Ok, I had my son in October of 07 and breastfed until he was about six months. My boobs still hurt to hell and i'm still lactating at times. I don't really have any stimulation to them by my boyfriend because they hurt so bad. So i don't know how to stop it. I'm pregnnat again and i'm scared i'm going to start lactating alot more or the baby's not going to get the nutrients he or she needs. Has this happened to anyone else?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 7:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I breastfed my youngest until she was 15 months old and we weaned a year ago. I can still squeeze milk out and it also comes out on it's own. Its sooooooo old!
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• This is very normal...milk can be there for a year after weaning. And it's compounded by pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Very normal and you don't need to worry about the milk you're making not leaving enough nutrients for the current pregnancy. Not only is your body going to put that pregnancy in the "top priority" spot naturally, but many women also successfully nurse a child (not just lactate at times) through an entire pregnancy and have a very healthy baby.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 18, 2009