How do you find a really trustworthy, experienced babysitter?

mamacash14

Asked by mamacash14 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can call your local Smart Start program. They can give you a list of home and public daycares. They also have the ratings (1,2,3,4,5 stars and so on). That is how I found my sons home daycare. It was really helpful.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i would talk around with others that have babies or older kids ask friends family members your doctor maybe those at your church ect fyi avoid those that are 24/7 daycare centers i have had bad problems with them where i live
    Anonymous

• I would look around... and invite them over... sit with them and the baby/child... watch how they interact... maybe do this for a few times before you actually leave them alone... also feel free to ask for references of other people they've baby sat for and see if they've taken any classes... cpr, things like that. And always right good notes for babysitters because all moms do things different!

dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:46 AM on Jan. 19, 2009