How much water do you drink a day?

If you add lemon to it - does it take away from drinking just plain water? I have heard that adding Lemon helps cleanse your system.

TheShryocks

Asked by TheShryocks at 7:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have one of those Pur water filtering pitchers, and I usually have to fill it up each night (so it will be cold the next day). I don't know how much it holds, but I go thru it at least once a day, during the summer maybe twice. Although, my kids do drink some of it too, but it's mostly me. I know all about the pepsi addiction, too. Did that. I had a hard time getting used to plain water, but once I got all the soda out of the house, it got easier. Now, I buy a 12 pack of soda maybe once a month. You could try buying some of the Country Time or whoever it is that makes the lemonade powder, and add that to the water. I do that sometimes. I like to make fresh lemonade, though, with lemon juice and stuff.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Not sure about the lemon, I can't see where it would hurt anything to add it, and I drink about 64oz a day
    efmeador0709

Answer by efmeador0709 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• whew thats alot of water - I am trying to break a Pepsi addiction - but i just cant drink plain water
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 7:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i dont drink enough waterbut then again i cant have more than 2 water bottles because then i get sick.. according to my doc anything more than 2 bottles for me, is water poison or somethin.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• at least a quart of water a day, sometimes more. i read in a book you can use up a couple calories just by drinking ice water. your body uses energy to warm itself back up after drinking cold water
    learae

Answer by learae at 7:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My sister is like that too. Her body cant keep water down.
    TheShryocks

Answer by TheShryocks at 7:41 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm not sure, but I drink a lot of water. I don't drink anything else. Sometimes I add lemon.
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009