Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my soon to be exhusband is doing anything he can to hurt me. he recently called cps (child protective services) on me and told a bunch of lies they came to my home unannounced and told me of these alligations. they seen that they were lies after pulling my 6 year old away from me and questioning her but im so afraid he is going to keep calling them. what can i do to stop his harrassment


Answer Question

Asked by lindsaycole at 4:43 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • See if you can get a restraining order on him. I don't know what state you live in but that is definitely harrassment.

    Answer by lrobles1983 at 4:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • I am going through the same thing you are going through. It is tough, and heat-breaking that people can be this way. My ex also called CPS on me several times, and they were all lies. CPS came to my house, and interviewed me, and realized that my ex is just doing this to cause problems.
    I know that if you have proof that your ex is the one that called CPS, you can sue him for emotional distress (but is that really going to do any good)??
    It doesn't hurt to call a lawyer, and ask them some questions about what your options are.
    I also keep a "log-book" and write everything, that way if you have to take it to court you will have all your information in order.

    Answer by bookay at 4:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • Oh my gosh do I know what you are going through. Sometimes it seems like whatever you do you can't win. Just do what they ask before they ask it. I mean like lets say you have to fill out forms to keep your kid on ma. They have it every six months(at least they do in MN)don't wait for a social worker to remind you to do it. just write down when the last time you did it and count the months til you have to do it again. Always keep on top of things. They may never leave you alone, but they will start to realize that your soon to be ex-husband is telling stories.

    Answer by twoangels at 4:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • UGH! I feel your aggravation! My ex did that to me also...him and his parents. Child Protective will see through it, I am sure. They have to investigate any reports though, so it does get irritating. He sounds like he wants to make your life miserable...hopefully he will find someone else to make miserable, thats what mine did! Best of Luck!

    Answer by mama14572 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • My sister went through this and my ex tried to do same. The papers cps send you if any or call and ask them to file a fraudulent case against him. Good idea with keeping track of everything. You can build a case against whoever is reported you wrongly. There are taking time away from case workers who could be investigating a legitimat case. good luck and I feel for you and your child.

    Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • don't. he's only hurting himself at this point and if he keeps callign them eventually he'll get into trouble and you'll have a record of it. just ignore him. easier said then done i know, but in the long run you will come out better becasue of it. but shoudl he make threats or get quasi-violent, call the cops immediately. good luck.

    Answer by princezzmommie at 11:21 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

  • Sad to say, but I know what you are going through. It has happened to me just about where where I move to.I have live in 2 different states since my divorce . I also hate to add that this is just the begining of your problems.   I constantly go through changes with  him and he is married. Lost my Child not to long ago. My child is now in the system. Lost everything as of right now. I grive everytime I think about it. Why does someone want to cause problems for the mother of their child and for what. I can go on and on about  this. Keep your head up and watch out.  God bless and you will be added in my prayers... Take care


    Answer by DEALWITDIS at 10:26 PM on Jul. 21, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.