What are the chances of having the baby early

i really wasnt sure when my last menstral was when i found out i was pregnant,i had no idea so i just gave a guess..i knew what month it was though..
so i told them and then they said my edd would be on Feb.25th
when i got my ultrasound they said my edd was Feb.17 or 18 i forgot.lol.
but right now their sticking to feb.25th
they also had told me that i could have the baby 3 weeks early..
should i start preparing things?because if i do have the baby 3 weeks earlier than the 25th i'd be 38 weeks on wednesday.

(you can tell i want the baby already! lol)

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 7:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 38 weeks is really considered "full term".
    A majority of first time mothers go over their due dates, but not all of them.
    I was your age when I had DS and I went into labor at 38 weeks.
    I'd say pack your hospital bag, get any papers you need ready and just be prepared.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 7:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think you're misunderstanding what they meant. When they say you can have the baby "three weeks early" they mean from your estimated due date -- So if you're due date is Feb 25th, you could go as soon as Feb 4th and be full term (37 weeks). That does not mean you will be 38 weeks next week. Normal due dates have a window of giving birth anywhere from 37-42 weeks. Good luck!
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 7:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009