im scared

i get panic attacks and im scared when i go in the hospital to have my baby i will have a panic attack.what can i do? i feel so alone plz help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i am the same way i have them all the time all you can do is just take a few deep breaths and try to relax i know i almost threw up and almost fainted when i had my son i paniced so bad lol im scared im gonna do it this time too they will give you the little air mask thing and just try to relax .. it will be ok
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i get them too, plus with my asthma i was afraid my body couldnt take the labor. once you are in that situation your body just takes over, its all really natural. im sure youll have nothing to worry about. i would talk to your doctor though to have a back up plan just in case
    learae

Answer by learae at 7:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Well, you aren't the first one to be scared and you won't be the last. First they will have professionals there to help you along the way thru the whole thing, so you won't be alone, so remember that. When I first got pregnant, I was sooooooo excited, then the closer the due date came the more scared I got, and i called my mom, I was so terrified, and she told me it was ok to be scared, that it was normal, but, everything will work out the way its suppose to in the end. I wish I knew exactly what you were scared of, and that way it would be easier to tell you things.But, you won't be alone, you have all of us Moms on here to talk to....:)
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• im scared that i will freak out or think ima panic bad and get the feeling of im going to die
    Anonymous

• Well, most women feel the same way, so like I said you aren't alone.You need to talk to your doctor so he/she can reassure you of whats going on.Write questions down so you won't forget what you want to know and ask the doctor. Write the answers down as they answer them.Is there anyone close to you, any family, friends, SO, anyone that could be there for you. There are no stupid questions at all and your fear is real and there will be someone to help you.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• How far along are you and how old are you? If thats ok to ask?
    Kat122

• im 5 weeks and im 18
    Anonymous

• just remain calm my mother did that when she gave birth too my brother and they ended up having to knocking her out to deliver him cause her blood pressure went so high and it caused his too go high also so just relax and remember that the doctors are there too help you and too make sure all is ok also ask a good friend to be there with you may help some
    Anonymous

• liek i said honey it will be ok i paniced bad i was 17 when i had my first and i know how you feel .. lol hell for the first 20 weeks i freaked cause i didnt want anyone to find out like my parents it will be ok honey all you have to do is relax and breathe lol as silly as it sounds it works for me when ever i panic about anythng just close your eyes and just try to empty your mind and breathe it helps me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i have pretty bad panic attacks too. i gave birth to my son when i was 19 years old (2 years ago) so i kinda know how you feel. When i was pushing, i kept holding my breath and they had to use an oxygen mask on me. everything turned out fine for me and it will for you. just remember that giving birth is something that your body does naturally. you already know what to do when its time. and time goes by quickly when you are pushing.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009