Have you noticed...?

Your parents/husband looking older? My Mom put up pictures on her facebook page, and as I was looking at them, a lump caught in my throat. I know she and my Dad are 53 & 54, but I guess I never took that long, hard look at them. When did they age? When did I age? I noticed it with my husband too. He's loosing hair. He's 34, but when I look at him I see the 25 year old I married. Just like I will forever see my parents as in their 30's. Has anyone else noticed it, and does it bother/scare you/make you sad?

frankiesmom125

Asked by frankiesmom125 at 7:45 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was talking to my friend about this yesterday. I noticed my husband aging (he's 29) he hasn't lost any hair - but he just looks older. My friend said the Army will do that to you, and I agree. I mean everyone ages, but I think sometimes the Army speeds it up for some....I haven't aged that much..not yet anyway.
    xBuriedx13

Answer by xBuriedx13 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Oh, and no it doesn't bother, scare or make me mad.
    xBuriedx13

• yeah, my mom is 72 and i still remember her running around playing with us 4 children and its hard to believe where time goes.My husband gets older and older, but, lol, so do i. My children are probably thinking the same as you.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I always tease my hubby about him aging faster. We've been married 8 years now. When we married he had a full head of hair and looked his age. Now he's got this massive bald spot. I think it's cute! He hates it and shaves his head almost daily. I don't think he realizes that just makes it more obvious when the light hits. There's this big shiny spot and the rest of it is dull where the stubble actually grew back lol. Most people think he's in his mid 30's and are surprised to learn he's only 26. It doesn't bother me that he's starting to look older. Actually, it makes me happy. We were so young no one thought we would make it. Now I see him starting to age a little and it makes me happy knowing we beat the odds and are still going strong.
    Anonymous

• Yes, I notice it in my parents, and it hurts me. I know I'm all grown up (39!), but I still don't feel any where near ready to lose them. I am thankful to God that they are in pretty good health.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I remember the first I saw the age of my father on his 54th birthday. I was having a conversation with him while we were waiting fora table at a restaurant. As my father was talking I began to notice the wrinkles around his eyes and the double amount of grey hairs in his beard. I thought to my self, when did my dad start to age. That was the first time I noticed he was aging. I wasn't worried but I did think to myself I didn't want him to age because I didn't want to lose him. I am forever a daddies girl even at 32 and although I know life has to end sometime, I for a second got sad thinking of the years ahead. I spend a lot of time with my Dad and after that day I have spent even more time and talk to him every few days.

StepmommyRee

Answer by StepmommyRee at 8:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• im 29 and i still see an 18 year old in me but when i look at how much my kids aged, it scares me like i havent lived my life to the fullest, then i think to myself "what if i didnt have kids?" i bet then i wouldnt notice my age very much.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm getting older and DH takes every opportunity to remind me that I'm only one year younger than he is...... when I call him old man or something..... but we don't care.... in fact I think that's what we're both living for.... the day when we can rock side by side and remember when.... actually we both want to retire and become Greens Police. LOL But I know what you mean.... my mom looks 15 years older than she is and it's made me set up and take notice of how I treat my skin!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Yes. My mother will be 70 this year. That means I will be 50 next year! I remember when I was nine and my mother was 29. When your a teen and your parents are in their thirties, it's not so bad to move ten years ahead but then every ten years after, it can be tough. All of my parent's friends are old. Some have died or are dying. I am the fifty something my parents were. It's not fun but it's life and I am trying to deal with it. I am gad you mentioned it because my parents never seemed to notice and my mother only seemed to notice recently. Maybe it's something in the atmosphere.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My parents are dead, so I can't answer that part of the question...other than yes, in the last few years before my dad died, he definitely was aging. (we used to joke it was because he was putting up with our mother. LOL)

I know my husband is "aging". Other than the increase in his disability, he's turning gray...and I mean gray. It's blending nicely with his hair so far...but I'm looking at his biological paternal grandfather...who he looks a LOT like...and he's going to be all silver gray soon.

My face is aging...I know it. However...at 42 I don't have gray hair yet!! Might not be much, but it's my "claim to fame" right now! rofl (my husband is 4 years younger than I)

I've been kind of feeling my age lately...and I have young kids (4, 3 and 2 years). I've been thinking a lot about me not being here for them until their adults...not dwelling on it, but...well, people in my family aren't really long-lived....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009