how much shrimp is too much when pregnant?

ive eaten alot of shrimp and im getting worried. should i be worried or is it nothing to worry about? how much shrimp is too much? i'm 33 weeks pregnant..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Fish that can be high in mercury, like shark, swordfish, king mackerel and tilefish. It's OK for pregnant women to eat a limited amount of fish that have small amounts of mercury. You can eat up to 12 ounces of these fish a week. The 12 ounces can include:

Shrimp, salmon, pollock, catfish and canned light tuna
    Albacore (white tuna): Don't eat more than 6 ounces of this tuna in one week
    Always check with your local health department before you eat any fish you catch yourself.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/159_823.asp
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i hope this helps
    Mrs.Owen86

• i wouldn't worry about it i haven't heard anything to bad about it i wouldn't go eating it cold or anything heat it up if you are too worried about it ask your doctor next time you go and see him
    Anonymous

• My dr keeps telling me that if I want to eat seafood that shrimp is the best I an get where I live, although he did tell me more than once no tuna. Still never a mention on how much is ok, but I would think that as long as you aren't eating only shrimp that you're ok.
    Anonymous

• dont eat shrimp or any shellfish
    babymomma6

Answer by babymomma6 at 6:32 AM on Jan. 20, 2009