Anyone try not to eat carbs AND a vegetarian?

Just wondering what recipe websites or cookbooks you used.

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 4:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Eating low barb is not cheap. Low carb includes meats, poulty, eggs, cheese, veggies low in carbs like salads, green beans, cabbage. Nuts esp macadamia nuts.
    You can make a big difference in your diet though w/o extremes by doing a couple of things. Cut out as much refined sugar as you can, cut out white flour, potatoes, any pasta that isn't whole grain, and white rice. All of those items are way high carbs. Most americans consume 300 carbs a day. I eat 90-105. I have lost 82 lbs in the last 2 yrs..it's a slow process but hopefully it will stay off. I also am a diabetic so I have to count carbs anyway. Good Luck
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:59 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• wow..thats tough. Do you eat dairy? I know there are lots of different kinds of vegatarians.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:49 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I do eat dairy, just trying to lose weight and save money. Trying to omit the carbs because of weight gain/loss and the vegetarian thing because I thought it might help me save money.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 4:52 PM on Jul. 18, 2008