Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


i have been trying to get a copy of my lease for a few months now and still nothing. how do i do a certifide letter were would i go? and thank you to the ladys who comented on my prev. question about asking lanlored for lease. i have been nice and then after a few more weeks i even told him i needed a copy for rental verifycation by jan 14th still nothing. its irratating..i just want a copy.

Answer Question

Asked by tabbys4 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

Level 16 (2,706 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Go to the post office and they will send your letter certified.

    Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • ohhh the post office... thank you. again i just want a copy of my lease... not blood. and i even said to him if you lost it ( wouldnt surprize me ) that he just needs to tell me and we will work something out. but he tells me nothing and gives me nothing..

    Answer by tabbys4 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • You go to the post office and tell them that you want this letter sent CERTIFIED WITH RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED....... that way someone will have to sign for it when it gets there and you'll have proof they got it.

    Answer by PaceMyself at 8:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • so do i just write a letter simply saying i want a copy of my lease and go to the post office with it? im really new when it comes to this but im tired of lanlord screwing me and avoding me when i ask for something so simple. i almost bet he will have a fit when he gets a certifide letter but again been asking for so long now dh is afaid lanlord will decide ok there trouble they have to go. but i say its just to get a copy im not asking to pay rent late and we never have in 2 years.

    Answer by tabbys4 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Yes just write a letter saying you want a copy of the lease and mail it at the post office certified and return receipt requested. Did you even sign a lease? You should have been given a copy a the time you signed. It's possible you are now on a month to month. In some states you can sign a year lease then after that lease is up you go month to month without a signed lease. You could call the landlord and just ask him if you are now considered on a month to month lease...No, put that in the letter you send!

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • I second admckenzie's answer. Write the letter and state very clearly what you want. Seal it and address the envelope like normal. The post office attendant will help you with sending it certified w/ return receipt.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 6:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.