Does anyone have a way to get time to your self with a house full of kids? (me 5) I need a break... before I go crazy!

StacieBerry

Asked by StacieBerry at 4:46 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in General Parenting

• Sometimes I take long "bathroom" breaks. Just go in there, shut the door, and read or listen to the radio for a few minutes. Unless you have kids who like to barge in on you, that is!
    Cadreysmom

Answer by Cadreysmom at 5:00 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• The way I get time to myself is I have my hubby watch my daughter while I "run to the store to pick something up." That is my out. Or I lock myself in the bathroom and take a bath with some ear plugs and read a book. I am not sure if you are a single mom, but if not you might try this.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 5:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Depends on how old the kids are - a play pen is a mother's best friend. They will be fine for 10-20 minutes as long as they are safe.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• my favorite is this...a bag of hershey's bliss, a good book, a scneted candle, bubble bath and a locked bathroom door.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:19 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i have 7 kids and i just tell the oldest to watch them while i step outside the front or back of my house where its quiet and sit for 5 minutes, Or if you have small ones just take them for a drive around town and buy a box of their fav treats come home have them eat their snacks while you relax on couch
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 11:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2008