How would you handle this situation?

My parents have been divorced for over 25 years. When they divorced my mom took her and my dad's wedding album. After a few years had passed my mom was going to throw away her wedding album but instead I took it because it had pictures of family in it that are no longer with us and no one else that was asked wanted it. Well now all of a sudden it has been brought up that everyone now wants copies of the pictures which literally mean I would have to dismantle the whole wedding album. The album is a leather bound book and all the photos are professionally mounted to the pages. None of my 3 other siblings wanted it years ago. I need some suggestions because I have tried to take pictures of the wedding pictures and tried scanning them on our scanner to no avail. Would you dismantle the album or just tell them no!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope.

If you want to be nice about it, you could take it to a professional and see what could be done..... but anything that would damage the book or the photos ---- ya snooze ya lose.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Well, although they may not have wanted the album years ago....you have to remember that they are your family to and those pictures are just as special to them as they are are to you. They have a right to them. I would however tell them the circumstances of the work that needs to be put in to dismanteling the book and having the pictures printed and tell them that they all need to chip in some cash for this process. Good luck!
    MyMayBaby_Chloe

Answer by MyMayBaby_Chloe at 9:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I would just because if someone else had it and I wanted a picture I would be hurt if they told me no I understand they had a opportunity to have them before but when people get older sometimes they appreciate things more but you do what you feel is best

sunkist9

Answer by sunkist9 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i agree with the above
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 9:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree. The can make appointments to come and "look" at the pics IN the album. :-) You know...kinda like album visitation rights. lol
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 9:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• just tell them no unless they want to pay to take it to a professional and figure it out from there
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Can you contact the photographer who took them and find out if still has the negatives? I saw my photographer over the summer and he said he still has our negatives. We were married 25 years ago. If you find that they still have the neg. the others could order the pictures they want and you won't have to dismantle the photo album. good luck!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• to BlessedMommy...I wish I could buy my parents were married back in 1968 and the photographer is no longer around..thank you for the suggestion...
    Anonymous

• I would not dismantle it. If they wanted to chip in to have a professional work on it like someone else said, then I would do that. It is unreasonable for them to expect you to do all of this work and risk ruining the album because they couldn't speak up earlier.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 9:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• (con't from above) Or, you could just share the album. Each person who wants it can have it for a certain length of time (maybe a couple months or so) then it would go to the next.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009