Do you think men have an equal say?

Do you think men have an equal say about how many children they have while their married or do you think the woman has more say? I think I probably have more say than my SO. I'm having our second any day now and I've told him I want one more when I'm through with my Master's degree and he said I was crazy, but I have no doubt we will be adding to our family when I finish my Masters. I think the opposite is true sometimes too though...when the woman doesn't want anymore kids, they say "its my body and we're done".

Just wondering what everyone else thought. How are things in your relationship? and how do you think things are in general?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i personally think its equal. the hubby is the one helping support the baby, helping taking care. -feedings, diapers, up in the middle of the night. it effects him too.. so i think the hubby should have equal say in it :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• lol I want another one so bad at times but he does not errr but I think that when our daughter turns 2 I will have a serous talk with him and we will decide once and for all if we are done

sunkist9

Answer by sunkist9 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think they do have equal say. I think they will not hesitate to blatantly tell you they don't want anymore kids! lol. The good thing about my DH and I is we both did not want another one so we came in agreement on that very easily. Now the question is...What are we going to do if I end up pregnant again? lol.

We also both think if I ever do get pregnant again we will raise and love the baby the same.

Anonymous

• I wanted one more, dh absolutely didn't. I had a tubal with my last csection. It was a joint decision here. We talked about it at length the entire time I was pregnant, and when I realized how convinced he was I respected that.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If I really wanted another child I think hubby would be ok with it. He'd have to or there would be no sex. I guess we have it on that one.
    mothermayiam

Answer by mothermayiam at 9:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you didn't want any more kids and he did do you think it would be the same?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Honestly I think there has to be an agreement between the two. I wanted 3 but he wanted 1. So finally after a long discussion we decided on 2. We are now pregnant with our 2nd and both happy about it. I honestly think if you can't decide don't have any until you are both happy with the time. I would wait if I were you.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I don't know about others relationships but we're equal partners here.

But, hubby has just dumped it all in my lap. He is ok with having no more or ok if I want another one too. It's all up to me...that's his say. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think that there should be an equal say considering that you would want him to share equal responsibility in raising the child. I also think that whichever parent is against having another child should be the one to win, at least for the time being. You wouldn't want to bring a child into this world and have a parent resent him/her.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Well after our first we said we were done, but we didn't try very hard to not get pregnant, so along came our second, then we decided we were done, but again we pretty much used the no birth control method of not getting pregnant, and along came our third, after our third I got my tubes tied. That is how we made the decision in our house.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2009