How long do you bleed after you lose a baby?

Doctor said I might have lost the baby but then again I am not very far along and it might just be my period that lots of women have them when they are pregnat and end up having a healthy baby. I started bleeding yesterdayand I am not really bleeding that much tonight.. So I dont know what do you girls think?

yngmomma21833

Asked by yngmomma21833 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• with my first miscarriage i bled just one day then the second one i bled for 2 weeks and then the third one i bled for about 3 days i think it is diff for everyone and everytime
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I started bleeding at 5 weeks...called my doc and she said I was probably having a miscarriage. She told me to take it easy and come in the next day. I did...totally thought I lost the baby, but they did an U/S and exam...my cervix was closed and the sac was still there....too early to see a heartbeat. I was diagnosed with a subchorionic bleed and was put on restricted activity. Went back to the doctor a few days later and we saw a heartbeat. We also so the bleed on the u/s and she said that the blood would reabsorb into my body or bleed out, but probably would cause a miscarriage. Now I am 18 weeks and everything looks normal. Hope everything goes well...did your doc. do an u/s or blood test? They should have an idea of what's going on with either of those tests.
    Anonymous

• Its different for everyone. I bled for a 2 days then nothing for 3 weeks. Then I bled for 3 months. Yes, MONTHS. Under supervision of my doctor. Its different for everyone.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• ^^Sorry previous poster I put that the bleed would probably cause a miscarriage, but I meant to say wouldn't cause one...
    Anonymous

• No u/s sound I am only 9 days he said he didnt even know how the home test picked it up.
    yngmomma21833

Answer by yngmomma21833 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I bled at 3 months and I'm 35 weeks pregnant now. I'm sorry if you do MC... I will pray for you
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 10:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• oh, and when i bled it was only for that day... I was having sex and then I bled... i went straight to the hospital and they heard the heart beat but told me that I most likely will MC.... You never know what can happen so try to think positive....
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 10:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I had 3 miscarriages. I spotted for weeks before actually having the miscarriage. After everything had passed, I bled like a light period for a few days. Your doctor should also be able to tell you for sure if you are having a miscarriage or not. He/she can do an ultrasound and run HCG levels to see if your numbers are climibing or not. If the levels are not doubling every 48-72 hours then most likely it is a miscarriage. If I were you, I would get another opinion from another doctor and find out exactly what is going on.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2009