Anyone that had Gestational diabetes during a prior pregnancy?

Did your sugar levels go low prior to delivery. My endocrinologist said that they will keep dropping to the low range. Did anyone notice this or is this just in some peoples cases. I believe I may be in early stage labor, but my sugar is not low, but all over, even with insulin. I am just curious what other people experienced during early labor or labor with GD.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NO, THEY WILL START TO GO DOWN AFTER THE BABY IS BORN, YOUR BODY REACTS TO PAIN, AND YOUR SUGARS GO UP MORE, THEY JUST HAVE TO WATCH YOU, AND AFTERWARDS WATCH YOU WEIGHT SO YOU DON'T DEVELOP DIABETES2.

XIOMA
    Madrepor2ndavez

Answer by Madrepor2ndavez at 10:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I am Type 1 diabetic and my blood sugars were harder to control in the 3rd trimester. I had more highs than I had in the 2nd trimester. As soon as my son was born though, my levels went down and my insulin requirement dropped dramatically.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• The further along you get, the higher your glucose levels will be... the reason why is because due to the baby's size and the placeta preventing the insulin from reaching the baby, he/she's body is naturally producing more insulin to counter act what is happening in your body by the placenta.. did that make sense??
    After the placenta is delivered, your sugar levels should be in the normal range. Keep in mind that you should be tested periodically for Type 2 since you are now more at risk for developing diabetes. Your baby will also need to be checked as well since he/she will be at risk for Juvenile Diabetes since you had GD. I've done tons of research on GD since I lost a baby to it 6 years ago and have had it twice.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2009