Really bummed.. no nursery, anyone else?

We live in a two bedroom townhouse until my Hubby is done with school in December. Well... we don't want to move and then move again so we don't have another room for this baby, for the nursery. We have a son and are having a girl and we don't even want to start her in his room. We don't agree with that. So she'll be in our room for a while... So bummed, anyone else dealing with this?

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know exactly what your talking about! We also live in a 2 bedroom until my hubby graduates this summer. My daughter is 20 months and i'm due again in March. I'm having another girl which helps a little bit but not much. It's not a big 2nd bedroom and with all the toys, bed, ext there isn't much room for the baby. I figured i wouldn't put up the baby bed until i'm ready to move her from the bassinett to the crib.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 9:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• honestly i had a nursery that i didnt use for the first 6 months. itll be fine. =)
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have dealt with this twice. First we only had one bedroom when my son was born years ago. We actually had a small den/dining space outside our room and I made that into the nursery. Except the crib was shoved into our small space. Came out nice. We just ate around the coffee table. Worked short term and made me happy.

With this baby we now already have two kids and my brother still lives with us. So once again baby will be with us at first...until we figure out where to go from there. We are kind of setting up a small corner in our room and personalizing it for the baby. Think like that. Maybe get small wall decals, a shelf etc..something to make the baby her own corner. Might cheer you up a bit :)
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 9:44 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Yes me too. My daughter has to sleep with us because our basement remodel isn't finished. When it is my sons go downstairs to their new rooms but till then she sleeps with us.
    Unbroken_Amanda

Answer by Unbroken_Amanda at 9:46 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i feel ya we live in a house but with other people so our baby has to go in our room :( at least til we move next year
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• We just moved our 4-month-old son into his own room. If I didn't have a video monitor he'd still be sleeping in our room.
    Anonymous

• I'm 35 weeks pregnant and my guy convinced me to move to a bigger place a month ago since the lease was up .He's been moving us in there slowly.... Half of the stuff is over at the old place and half at the new.... It's driving me bananas! My step daughter to be will be sharing a room with the baby and my 8 year old will be in his own room.... I wish I could give all the kids there own room ... To be honest its bummed me out too....
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 9:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I'm still sharing a bedroom with my 17 month old. Don't be depressed. Be happy you have a roof over your head. :)
    Anonymous

• Yep. We've shared a room with our daughter since she was born (only three weeks ago, but still). It's convenient and all, but it's hard having all her crap piled up everywhere along with all of our crap. We live with my mom and she refuses to let us put any of our daughter's stuff in any other room of the house. Ghey.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My husband took a new job in September, and we still haven't moved into our house. The house we have "rented" has had new sheetrock put in, but the old folks that own it can't find the time to come home and finish it. I am now 26wks. We have NOTHING for baby outside a couple onesies, a blanket, and a 5pk of bibs. We're really struggling too, he's got a very well paying job, but we have been paying our way out of problems his parents have caused to his credit instead of purchasing appliances, furniture, dishes even. We just married in Oct at the court house, so we haven't even gotten to have an actual wedding yet. I've really been struggling with the fact that I don't think Weston's room is going to be ready when he comes! I'm sorry you're stuck, sister! Chin up, God's got this one figured out already!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2009