Sex question (TMI)...

I had my baby a month ago, when can my husband and I start having sex again? What did your doctors tell you? I had an episiotomy (2nd degree)....i forgot to ask the doctor about this and so I'm asking you ladies. I also heard that the first 4 weeks your cervix is barely closing? Thanks for the replies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They say to wait 6 weeks. Always check with your doc first. Make sure you are all healed up. Take care of yourself before jumping back in the sack!! :-)
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I would wait 6 weeks, I know a lot of people don't but infection is always something to consider. They recommend 6 weeks for any birth.... So I usually listen. I didn't listen the fist time and man did i regret that!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• 6 weeks.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• We were told 4 to 6 weeks but we couldn't wait I told my dh to leave me alone but sometimes in the heat of the moment you can't help yourself luckily we did not do any damage atleast that is what my doctor said. He said next time he is going to send a note home with me...lol

I believe it was 3 weeks...We really need to listen to the doctor maybe next we won't be lucky.

Just wait 4-5 weeks it will be well worth it.high five

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• they say 6 weeks i didnt wait .. i really suggest you wait lol it hurt me so bad when i tried to after my first so id say learn from my mistake and wait the 6 weeks
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Most say wait 6 weeks. I had a c-section and I still waited 6 weeks like my doctor said. It is better to wait a couple extra weeks then to damage something and be in pain. That happened to my SIL and she only waited 4 weeks.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• When I had my kids, I was told 6 weeks, but your mouth isn't broken, right? No reason you can't please your man while you recover.
    KnittinChick

Answer by KnittinChick at 12:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2009