Sex question (TMI)....

I had my baby a month ago, when can my husband and I start having sex again? What did your doctors tell you? I had an episiotomy (2nd degree)....i forgot to ask the doctor about this and so I'm asking you ladies. I also heard that the first 4 weeks your cervix is barely closing? Thanks for the replies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was told 6 weeks and I only had 2 stitches.
    Anonymous

• usually they say to wait until after your 6 week check up but lots of women do it sooner.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• We were told not until after the first gyn check up. So that works- you can ask your doctor then.

Answer by Bmat at 10:03 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You are suppose to wait 6 weeks at least. I had to have stitches too. The doc stopped counting after 10. lol.. I actually waited a little longer than 2 months because I still hurt. Its really how you feel.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you had an episiotomy you will WANT to wait to have sex. It will hurt if not!
    Anonymous

• They do say to wait 6 weeks, which is usually the same time as your follow-up appt with your obgyn. I didn't wait that long, but I didn't have any stitches either. I would wait and talk to your doc at your appt.
    PrincessRSX03

Answer by PrincessRSX03 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I was told 6 weeks too! I have 3rd degree tear so i had a lot of stiches!!
    sweetheart254

Answer by sweetheart254 at 10:20 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I had a C-section and I believe i was told 6 weeks.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 11:56 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Wait until your check up.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Well I didn't tear at all and I believe he told me 6 weeks... and we waited a little longer then that because I was nervous. I would call and leave a message for your doctor so they can call you back because every person and labor is different and only they would know how things look and went down there.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 9:35 AM on Jan. 19, 2009