why do people complain about there supposivly being no work ?

i live in las vegas and i can tellyou that right now there is in n out burger that is hiring 10 dollars an hour and right downt he streeet mcdonalds arbys walmart target and some casinos have been hiring for months hell arbys has been for the past 9 months. i mean no they may not be ideal but why be picky when hey its a job and you get paid right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well to that point I can agree...minimum wage is better than $0. People that refuse any available work they are qualified for and are physically capable of doing while they let their finances go down the toilet need to re-evaluate how far pride will carry them.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Because people lets their pride get in the way.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i wouldnt if i needed money and needed to support my fammily or even just me pride or not id get a job and stop complaining
    Anonymous

• that sucks im sorry your having a hard time but i agree and lol that is my point gotta start somewhere good luck i hope something finds you soon
    Anonymous

• You live in LAS VEGAS. I live in HAMMONDVILLE Alabama.
    Do you honestly know how small this town is? There is NOT a burger king, McDonalds or anything like that.
    There really ISN'T jobs around here. DH has been having to look in places like an hour away for one!
    Anonymous

• Because in Michigan right now, people are actually fighting over those Arby's jobs. My SO and I have been very financially responsible and we're both college educated. When he got laid off from his job, we weren't in immediate hurt for him to jump into just anything. His degree is in Aerospace Engineering and, while he would take a job at McDonald's before he would let us go hungry, someone with his level of education wants to use it. He ended up taking a job out of state after several months so we didn't end up using too much of our savings, but there was honestly NOTHING here. Employers know that because the competition is so tight, they can pay minimum wage and people will HAVE to take it...not only that, but for every fry cook job open at burger king, there will be 40 to 50 applications.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• People feel those jobs are below them. Also there are people who live way outside their means and think they can live like a king on a paupers salary.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 10:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• thanks anon @ 9:04

but were moving to nevada.. so i'll take those jobs!! lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• well ive lived in small towns grew up in one and i just moved here to vegas last year and still when i needed work in my small town i found it i even drove an hour and a half to the next major city to waitress and a cafe so you cant tell me that bull of small towns if me and every other high schooler in our small town could do it so could you
    Anonymous

• I live in Ohio and I have been out of work for almost 3 months. I was a manager at Walmart before I quit. I thought that I wanted to be a SAHM. Well, I was wrong. I am waiting on my backround check and I will be officially hired at a bank as a teller but I won't start until Feb. 17th. I applied everywhere including all of the fast food places and others that people do not find too appealing. Many were in a hiring freeze and others said that I was overly qualified for the position for which I was applying. Just b/c your state is doing well, that doesn't represent this country in it's entirety. Many people want to blame pride on why people aren't finding jobs but depending on where you reside, they just aren't there.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009