I'm almost 4 months pregnant and my belly is not getting any bigger, is that normal?

I'm almost 4 months pregnant and i don't find that my belly is getting any bigger at all, is there something wrong with the baby or something? I don't really know too much about being pregnant cause I'm only 16 years old. And i still don't have the courage to tell my mom and dad.

babykiss

Asked by babykiss at 10:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• you really should tell your parents soon. And have you been to the doctor? you should make an appointment and ask your doctor about it
    brittanychick0

Answer by brittanychick0 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Number one, this should be posted in Pregnancy, NOT teens. Secondly, if you are grown up enough to have sex, then you need to be grown up enough to tell mommy and daddy.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 10:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My cousin, also 16 did not show for 5 months. at ALL. She also hid it for those 5 months lol.
    Her first ultrasound (after she told her parents) they know the sex of the baby! lol
    So I'm sure there is nothing wrong.
    Anonymous

• My belly didn't even appear until I was about seven or eight months along. Depending on your body type and how long or short your torso is, you might not show for awhile. Your baby will go through growth spurts every now and then. As long as you're measuring okay at the doctor, you'll be fine =]

And you really should tell your parents. The sooner, the better. It'll be okay, I promise. I'm a young mom too.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Every woman has a different "normal" than others. What's normal for you may not be for someone else. Only a doctor can confirm all is okay with your baby. I would really go and talk with your parents and get their support. It will make things so much easier on you. I wish you the best.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• seriously what state are u in u need to tell someone u need support ...
    theycallmemomie

Answer by theycallmemomie at 10:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You really need to tell someone to get the care for your baby that it deserves, as do you. Maybe you can talk to your counselor or someone at a church.
    kaystar7

Answer by kaystar7 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• You should tell your parents. You are their child and are still gonna love you regardless. They might be mad at first but they will get over it. Anywho, I didn't start showing or even looking pregnant until I was almost 7 months along
    InfectiousSmile

Answer by InfectiousSmile at 12:39 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• dont worryABOUT ur belly my didt start growing until i was about 6months pregnant but u should tell ur parents an make a doctors appointment cause doc have to take a lot of test to makre shure ur baby is doind ok cause i didt go to a doc appt until i was 3months pregnant an i miss out on alot....thank god my baby boy came out fine
    mary478

Answer by mary478 at 3:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My daughter was pregneant at age 15 and she told me right away... I was very upset at first because I thought it was my fault but the one thing she needed was me to stand by her.. be open with your parents they'll understand although sometimes it takes time..... I was pregneant with my oldest daughter at age 20 I didn't show until about 7 months along and I had morning sickness up until I gave birth... The doctor did measurements on my belly and did an ultrasound she was just a small baby 6 pounds and 12 ounzes.. It also depends on genetics as her father is average height as I am we are just small framed people so you can''t expect the baby to be a giant if that's the case. I'm sure everything will be alright Good Luck to you and your little one that is who you need to think about right now
    my2girlz65

Answer by my2girlz65 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2009