Say you are at someones house and their kid is not diseplined and you child copys them...in your eyes the behavior is unexceptable... would u disapline your kid even though the other kid is gettin away with it?

say the behavior is jumping all over the house and screaming... whether your hoome or at someone else house? also shouldnt ur parneting rules be strong regardless of where you are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, I would discipline her regardless of where we are, and I do.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• yes. You still need to set your rules with your own child and let them know it is not right regardless of what the other child is doing.. If the other child is in your own home, you should be able to tell them no and to stop.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 10:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Absolutely - I've done this before at a neighbors house. And I generally found that when I disciplined my son, her children listened to me and behaved. This told me more about her "discipline" or lack thereof than anything else they did. So yes, discipline your child regardless of the other child's behavior or the parent's choices. Your child, your rules.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• but if i say something to the other child... is there mom wrong for making me feel bad n yellin at me for making sure her kid is safe in my house or theirs?
    lilbabe3769

Answer by lilbabe3769 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Discipline YOUR child, not theirs. If their child is doing something that you are uncomfortable with, or hurting your child, being rude to your child, etc, say something to her.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• yeah no tthat easy tho there was somehting said and it turned into a huge fight but this was back when my daughter was little and couldnt defend herself... it is just soo stressful
    Anonymous

• I discipline my daughter regarless of who is around but I feel like the other mother is like thinking im being rude or something because she did stop her kid when they started it...
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter what she thinks. She is your child, you have the right to discipline her no matter where you are or what situation you are in. Don't let her make you feel guilty because of that. You are doing the right thing by showing your child that she will not get away with something just because you aren't at home.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Didn't even have to think twice, yes I would discipline my child even if the other kid was getting away with it. I always tell me son, each family has different rules.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 10:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My rules are followed in my own home and anyone else's. I'm famous for the line, "I'm not _____ mommy, I'm yours and it is my job to make sure that you are doing the right things." Or the ever popular, "Okay, _____ has a nicer mommy than you do but you still have to do what you are told." If you allow your child to behave differently elsewhere than he/she does in your own home then that is going to confuse your child and it creates different standards. Children need consistency so absolutely discipline your child as you normally would.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2009