AWFUL smelly gas!

There is no way I can describe the smell, but my baby girl has this awful rank gas that is honest to god so strong she puts grown men to shame... I'm worried somethings wrong with her belly, I mean.. It honestly smell like something rotting in her stomach. She cleared a room full of people the other night! What can I do to help her? I've already used Mylicon and Gripewater for the discomfort but what about the smell? My diet is as bland as it gets :(

Hannah-Belle

Asked by Hannah-Belle at 5:08 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal. She probably just has an upset stomach. She'll probably poop in a little bit.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Okay, but this happens all the time throughout the day and night. But she only poops once every couple days. My pediatrician says it's normal for babies who are exclusivly breastfeeding because they're absorbing everything from your milk.
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 5:23 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Yeah...it's normal. You should google foods that will cause your baby to have gas from breastfeeding. You will be surprised at the stuff that can cause her to have gas. As long as she is not crying all the time, or doesn't seem to be in pain - it's totally normal.
    lrobles1983

Answer by lrobles1983 at 5:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Get some airfresher and root her on!
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 5:42 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Glade nuetralizer spray works wonders
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Ahh the wonders of breastmilk!!! My daughter did the sam and was EBF as well. I made myself some fennel and ginger tea and that helped.
    HadassasMommy

Answer by HadassasMommy at 1:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2008