Should I report abuse? If so, then how?

I took my son to the neighborhood park and there were two girls there whose faces were clearly beaten. One of the girls was hiding in a slide. She said "' I'm hiding from my daddy, he's a bad guy. He hits my Mommy all the time and she has to go to the doctor" I haven't seen the in the neighborhood before but I did see both girls go into the house across the street from me. I don't know if that is where they live, if they are related , or any information except they were beaten looking and and admitted abuse. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Definitely report it.
    Anonymous

• Report it and let them know what house they went into. They can take it from there and you can be anonymous.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Report it please... to many people like that get away with things like that cause no one ever says anything... for the child safty report it....
    Anonymous

• Talk to someone at the school your kids go to and ask how they report incidents. Teachers are required by law to report suspected abuse so someone should know who to contact and how.
    afdavis27

Answer by afdavis27 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I would call the police and let them know that there are 2 young girls across the street whose faces were beaten. Tell them what the girls said and ask to be anon.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Simply call the police and ask them what to do.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• You could call CPS. Call information or look in the phone book for a local child protection services and make an anonymous report to them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• yes call the cops
    pyrozilla

Answer by pyrozilla at 6:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Absolutely report them. Call CPS and tell them they went into the house and give them the address. You do not have to tell them who you are. These little girls could die and someone knew about it. Don't waste time. CPS will be there immediately and they may save someones life. Good luck and God Bless. I will say a prayer for the mother and the girls. pommom335
    POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 6:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Report it. It better to be safe than sorry later. To many kids have been killed by ignoring the signs. You be able to even save a mother who thinks their is no way out. You don't have to say who you are.
    debj49

Answer by debj49 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2009