Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I report abuse? If so, then how?

I took my son to the neighborhood park and there were two girls there whose faces were clearly beaten. One of the girls was hiding in a slide. She said "' I'm hiding from my daddy, he's a bad guy. He hits my Mommy all the time and she has to go to the doctor" I haven't seen the in the neighborhood before but I did see both girls go into the house across the street from me. I don't know if that is where they live, if they are related , or any information except they were beaten looking and and admitted abuse. What should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (13)
  • Definitely report it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Report it and let them know what house they went into. They can take it from there and you can be anonymous.


    Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Report it please... to many people like that get away with things like that cause no one ever says anything... for the child safty report it....

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Talk to someone at the school your kids go to and ask how they report incidents. Teachers are required by law to report suspected abuse so someone should know who to contact and how.

    Answer by afdavis27 at 10:55 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • I would call the police and let them know that there are 2 young girls across the street whose faces were beaten. Tell them what the girls said and ask to be anon.


    Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

  • Simply call the police and ask them what to do.

    Answer by kaycee14 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • You could call CPS. Call information or look in the phone book for a local child protection services and make an anonymous report to them.

    Answer by AprilDJC at 4:04 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • yes call the cops

    Answer by pyrozilla at 6:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Absolutely report them. Call CPS and tell them they went into the house and give them the address. You do not have to tell them who you are. These little girls could die and someone knew about it. Don't waste time. CPS will be there immediately and they may save someones life. Good luck and God Bless. I will say a prayer for the mother and the girls. pommom335

    Answer by POMMOM335 at 6:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

  • Report it. It better to be safe than sorry later. To many kids have been killed by ignoring the signs. You be able to even save a mother who thinks their is no way out. You don't have to say who you are.

    Answer by debj49 at 7:10 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.