False positive pregnancy test

I had a positive pregnancy test then tested again the next day and it was neg. then got my period the same day but it was diff this time it had like lil soft plastic blood clots in it.could have been a very early miscarrage or a false positive

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• it was a false positive sorry but you had your period
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• It sounds like it very possibly could have been an early miscarriage. You can get false negatives pretty easily, but I do not believe in false positives at all. Pregnancy tests only detect HCG and you only have HCG when pregnant. If I were you, I would call my doc and let them know what happened and see if they think you need to be seen and checked. ((Hugs))
    Anonymous

• i agree false positives are very unlikely and only usually happen with in 6 months of having a baby... (thats because u still have a high hormone count.) so i would call a doc and get checked out
    Anonymous

• Go to the doctor for an exam and tests to know what went to for your health.
    Anonymous

• The tests will only show positive if there is the pregnancy hormone. The same thing happened to me, the same day the test came out positive, with a very light line I had clotting, i let it go for 2 weeks and finally went to the doctor. They had to do and emergency surgery to take out my fallopian tube because i had an ectopic pregnancy and my tube was soooo swollen. Go to the doctor ASAP!!!!!!
    jenn714

Answer by jenn714 at 3:37 AM on Jan. 19, 2009