Im having some issues step father - son issues...?

I have an 18mnth old son. His father an i broke up along time ago when he was about 7mnths old....about 9mnths ago i stated dating this new guy who loves my son and says he wants to be his father...But lately he just keeps complaining about him and saying that he is a bad kid when other HORRIBLY behaved kids he says are alright behaved.

It makes me so mad. He says how Colton(my son) hates him and treats him like crap becuase he hits him and doesnt want to cuddle with him...When colton does the same to me. (Dont worry we are working on the hitting thing)

But how can i get him to see, how everyone sees them together. My son LOVES him so much, but he never seems to get it.... any advice?

coltonsmum523

Asked by coltonsmum523 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• An 18month old does not know how to "hate". Period. I'm sorry but our DH needs to grow up himself. Who's the child and who's the adult? I'm seriously not trying to be ugly....you know as well as I do that your son does not hate him. You shouldn't have to explain that to your DH. Maybe he's tired of the responsibility....some men aren't made to be fathers. I'm sorry you're going through this. Truly I am.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2009