My toddler is going to be 2 Aug. 31st and she just wont eat anymore. Its been like this for 2 or 3 weeks, is this normal? is there anything i can do?

Help..My toddler wont eat.

Tana3110

Asked by Tana3110 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 2 out of my 3 kids were the same way! They wouldn't want to eat anything and pick for weeks, then BAM...they acted like they had and empty leg! I wouldn't force it on her, she'll eat when she's hungry...Obviously don't let it go TOO long, but give her some time...she'll be eating you out of house and home before you know it!
    mama14572

Answer by mama14572 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• i was going to say if you find the answer tell me so i can use it on my 3 year old! he'll love something one day and then hate it for months before he likes it again for a day. Seriously, my 1 year old eats more than him. I wouldn't worry to much, but you might want to consider a vitamin if she doesn't get one already. good luck!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• my daughter will be 2 in feb and she goes through periouds where she wont eat either the first time she went through it i felt like a horrible mother because i couldnt help her and i felt like i was starving her even thought i tried feeding her 2 or 3 times an hours and she would refuse everytime. i think it might just be something with them. something my grama told me that helpped is,...if she was hungry she would eat! i hope that helps you.
    x_super_x_mom_x

Answer by x_super_x_mom_x at 10:54 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• when she gets hungry, she'll eat. start askign her to choose one dish for supper that she will be willing to eat and worry not.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:13 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ANSWERS, IT MEANS ALOT TO HAVE THAT KIND OF SUPPORT ON HERE. MY BROTHER IN LAW SAID IT WAS CUZ I AM ALWAYS GIVING HER JUICE CUZ SHE ALWAYS WANTS IT AND SHE STAYS FULL ON JUICE AND THATS Y SHE WONT IT, WELL GUESS WHAT??...HE WAS RIGHT I STOPPED GIVING HER JUICE (BEFORE MEALS ANYWAY) AND STARTED GIVING HER WATER,(WHICH SHE DEF. DOESNT WANT) AND SHE FINALLY STARTED EATING AGAIN. ALL OF YOUR ANSWERS WERE HELPFUL AND IM GLAD THAT ALOT OF TODDLERS GO THROUGH THIS AND THAT MY SIERRA ISNT BEHAVING OUT OF THE NORM STARVING HERSELF. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH.
    Tana3110

Answer by Tana3110 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2008