Depressed=(

I am very depressed. I can feel physical pain, and cry everynight. I feel so alone. I would never kill myself but I have thought about it. I really need some advice because I dont know why I feel like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Eyes That See
    By Faye Adams

Life is never perfect
    Troubles come our way
    Some are here for a while
    Some are here to stay.

Conflict, setbacks, disappointment
    These are all our fare
    But in our times of trouble
    There are those who care.

Christian friends who comfort
    And join us as we pray
    But most of all our Father
    Who is with us every day.

Precious family members
    Who take us as we are
    When our need is greatest
    They are never far.

Sights and sounds delight us
    If only we see and hear
    Take the time to listen
    God is always near.
    Anonymous

• Find someone to talk to. Go see a counselor. They can help!!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:50 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• His beauty all around us
    Warmth, comfort, leisure, play
    Flowers, trees, rivers, mountains
    Quiet nights and bright new days.

The sound of children's laughter
    A tiny baby's cry
    A kitten, softly purring
    A rainbow in the sky.

A peaceful Sabbath morning
    Hearing church bells ring
    Choir music so sweet
    It makes the heart sing.

There are many treasures
    God gives to us each day
    But sometimes we don't see them
    Moving blindly on our way.

We fail to see the flowers
    Just complain about the weeds
    God's blessings are there
    Only for those who see.

Take the time to thank Him
    For all He is and does
    He will lift your spirit
    And fill your heart with love.

Anonymous

• I am sorry you feel this way. Go and see a Dr. and tell them what is going on. There is so much help nowadays. You just have to ask for it. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• There may not be a reason you feel this way, that is the nature of the beast that is depression. Please see a professional. It could be something that is totally out of your control. If it is, a professional can prescribe medications that will help. If it isn't, a professional can provide you with coping mechanisms that will help.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:57 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• How old is your child? Do you have post partum depression? This can last up to a year after birth. I suffer from severe depression. Please call a counselor, or tell your regular MD about your symptoms. There is help for you!
    Anonymous

• There are several kinds of depression. Some are situational (things in your life going wrong). In those cases you can just change the circumstances and things can get better. There is also seasonal depression this time of year. If that is the problem just ride the wave and it will be over in a few weeks. There is also clinical depression where you might need meds. A doctor can help. I use a supplement (over the counter) called 5HTP. It may not work for everyone but it works for me. I'd try that until I can get in to see a doctor.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Please go see a couselor. If you have insurance go to a psychiatrist (spelling) AND a counselor. It's helpful to get it out to someone and a couselor can give you educated answers back. They will almost always steer you in the right direction. I suffer from Major Depression with Anxiety with possible bipolar. I been there before. There IS help. You just have to seek it.
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 11:08 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• what are the thoughts that keep going on in your head? so you have a child? how old? are your relationships ok? you said you feel alone...

i have felt that way... you WILL get out of it but you have to first figure out what is causing it. It could be post-partum (even if your baby is a year old). If it is... see a Dr.

Me, personally. I figured out that I wasn;t where I wanted to be in my life and I took steps to make my life what/how I wanted it. I';m not done... it takes time and patience and a lot of faith. I also felt like there was no one that understood me... I reached out.. I was proven wrong. Reach out... to family, to friends, to cafemoms....

Prayer works too.... even if you are not a religious person. Remember that God does not give you anything you can not handle.... you can get thru this. You can.. you will...
    kristi729

Answer by kristi729 at 11:18 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I understand completely because i am still trying to conquer my depression. You should def find someone who cares about you and talk to them about how your feeling. There are times when i have felt completely alone and i've had everything so don't worry things will look up but pray and talk to some people especially people who have felt this way. Try to find the good things in life and concentrate on them. Your not alone.
    LiLMAMA319

Answer by LiLMAMA319 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 18, 2009