How do you find peace within yourself?

Is inner peace found in solitude, meditation, prayer, music, or the contemplation of nature? Or can it arise from activity, involvement with other people, and creative struggle?

Asked by BarbaraAnn22 at 11:01 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I find peace in little a nice dinner for my family...watching my little girl play and laugh...seeing my boys come home from school...laying in my husband's arms while he strokes my (LOL!)...driving by myself and singing to the radio...all these things help center me and make me more aware of the fact that I have one life and this is it so I better enjoy it as much as possible

Answer by mizkaye at 6:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• A compilation of all of those things. Prayer being the first on the list for me.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think inner peace is subjective. Some people may find it through prayer and meditation, others may need to get out and do something in order to feel better.

I personally just like to zone out on the computer lmao.

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I have peace within myself? lol
    No seriously...Music, Meditation and prayer.

• Music.

Answer by beeky at 11:12 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If it is a nice day I meditate outside. If it is not then music and candles and meditate.

Answer by pnwmom at 11:39 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• i have an inner pease knowing im pleasing god and that im doing the best i can to represent him at ALL times.

• I eat my peas with honey
    I've done it all my life
    They do taste kind of funny
    But it keeps them on the knife

Oh. Wrong peas.

Answer by Wimsey at 12:07 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I meditate on God's word;Isaiah 26:3
    You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You,Because he trusts in You.
    Isaiah 26:12
    LORD, You will establish peace for us, For You have also done all our works in us.
    Philippians 4:7
    and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Answer by yoli1girl at 2:36 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i listen to music and take deep beaths also i play bejewled to relax :)

Answer by pyrozilla at 6:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2009