• In the Spotlight:

What advice or words of wisdom would you like to pass on to those close to you?

Is fear of the Lord the beginning of wisdom, as the Bible tells us? To what extent should we give advice to other people, and will they take it?

BarbaraAnn22

Asked by BarbaraAnn22 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My advice would be simple...

Stop. Breathe. Enjoy a sunrise. Smell the flowers in the garden. Pick berries from a bush or an apple and sit their eating it without worrying about the germs. Spend some time watching the waves crash on the ocean and a spider make a web. Listen in detail to a birds song and listen to the other birds reactions. Run freely barefoot in a field. Spend a day climbing trees with your kids and showing them cloud formations. Enjoy the things that you can for free and don't worry about the material things. One day you may not have them and if you find yourself without at least you won't overlook the small things because you will realize they are the big.
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 6:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• No... people will not always listen, but god told us this would happen. Remember there are two roads in life. Narrow and the cramped and wide. God has asked us to share his word to preach to others ya know do as jesus did. If you fear god you will have respect. I like to liken it to fear you may have had as a child of your father. Its the fear that you learn to love and respect. I think this is how you should fear god. If your only serving him because you want everlasting life or the fear of death he will know you are serving him with the wrong intentions.
    Anonymous

• If i could pass advice along it would be treat others the way you want to be treated. Could you imagine???? The world would be an amazing place. One day it will be the bible reasures us of that. We should all look forward to this.
    Anonymous

• My advice would be to find your peace within yourself and not look for it without. Once its found within, it will be found without.
    Dont live in a box or you will be blinded far more than you realize.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:14 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Look for peace within your heart. Never stop learning always seek more and more knowledge. A mind that stops learning will eventually rot with fear. Never be afraid to think outside the box.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:43 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• My advice to those I love (as well as to myself).......

"Shut up and listen"

Don't talk so much. Listen more, you will learn more.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My advice would be to imagine yourself 98 and on your death bed and how you would feel then about what you're doing now. If you feel good then you're doing good, if you feel ashamed then change what you're doing now.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 2:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My advice to everyone that would listen is know the truth ,and the truth would make you free,Proverbs 8:12-14 (New King James Version)
    12 “ I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
    And find out knowledge and discretion.
    13 The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;
    Pride and arrogance and the evil way
    And the perverse mouth I hate.
    14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;
    I am understanding, I have strength.

yoli1girl

Answer by yoli1girl at 2:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• 32 “ Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
    For blessed are those who keep my ways.
    33 Hear instruction and be wise,
    And do not disdain it.
    34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
    Watching daily at my gates,
    Waiting at the posts of my doors.
    35 For whoever finds me finds life,
    And obtains favor from the LORD;
    36 But he who sins against me wrongs his own soul;
    All those who hate me love death.”

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I will say we have freedom to chose but if we live by what we suppose to we have many blessings.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2009