Do you believe you have a destiny, and do you see yourself as here to fulfill it?

Are our destinies preordained? Do we have only conditional free will, or do we create our own destiny in the here and now, subject to certain limitations (and capabilities) inherent in some individuals' DNA?

BarbaraAnn22

Asked by BarbaraAnn22 at 11:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Absolutely not! I believe this is one of many journeys my soul will be on. Right now I am experiencing and learning about a human journey and after this, who knows but I will be ready for the ride. ;)
    njmommy2boys

Answer by njmommy2boys at 7:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I believe we are here to learn lessons we've set for ourselves beforehand.
    So perhaps it can be seen as a destiny. I dont necessarily think all lessons we want to learn will be done so in this lifetime tho.
    Anonymous

• i believe we are all here for a reason. we all have a destiny put before us. but we have the free will how far we go to that destiny, if we even go to it at all.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 12:54 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yes, I believe we were all born here on this earth for a purpose. I believe God has destined us here for His Purpose. We are vessels to carry out His Plan to humanity. And no we don't create our own destiny , He has already prepared our destiny as we follow Him , and if we don't follow His purpose ,and plan for us, then yes we would create a different destiny that I feel ( My opinion) that would lead to a lot of heartache ,and pain. That is why the world is so mess up. Everyone going about, is doing his own thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I do believe that everyone has a purpose on this earth. Some may never know their purpose but God does. We do not know always how we affect others. But I do think God has given us free will, and that free will, if we choose to follow a different path than following God, will lead us away from the purpose that God has put us here for. I believe that if we are going away from the purpose that God has us here for, then that path will be full of punishments from God, or maybe warnings. If those warnings are not heeded, then I think that is when you lose your relationship with God, which is the greatest punishment of all.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:28 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I believe our destiny lies in the will of God for our lives. We can fight it all we want,but ultimately it's God's will be done, not our's. He works His will,and creates our destinies for us,and we are to obey,and do His will for our lives,because in the end, He does know better than we do,always has,and always will. Once I realized that,and surrendered my will to Him, He began working in my life in ways I could have never imagined. He emboldened me, to speak His word,and gave me all the tools I need to live my life.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't care. I'm too busy living my life to ponder the purpose of it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• i have a destiny! it is to be the the best i can be, live the best life i can and do as much for my children as i possibly can! this is the only chance i get for life and i absolutely want to live on in my love ones hearts with dignity and pride and love! i make my path for myself, as we all do...i make my own desicions and either suffer consequences or relish in the good that has come form them. my life and how its lived is solely up to me..i take full responsibility for it, and am very proud of doing so! i wouldn't live any other way!
    yomamaporter

Answer by yomamaporter at 11:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2009