Sahm something like this alot of women were talking of being this and well didnt know what it was??

also any ideas on how to convince the husband i should be a stay at home mom ......

sillysassy

Asked by sillysassy at 5:20 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Money & Work

• Consider quality of life in your appeal.

I have a 14 yr old and 11 yr old. Up until last year I worked FT since they were born. Additionally, my husband is in the Navy and is away quite a bit. We became so accustomed to the lifestyle that our dual income provided us that we failed to appreciate how much the work robbed us of valuable time with each other. We were always stressed, tense, frustrated etc. When we had "down time" we didn't really enjoy it.

While I don't currently make as much working from home as I used to (I was a banking executive making over 6 figures) our lifestyle has improved tremendously. We are happier than ever before.

You can do this too by looking for ways to reduce expenses and perhaps consider a work from home opportunity.

Just let your husband know how much more energy you will have if you are able to stay at home. You might not be so tired every night. He’s sure to respond to that !<
    TrudyP

Answer by TrudyP at 5:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• S.A.H.M. is a stay at home mom. In order to get through to your husband you should go through the finances and prove to him that you can live your same life style on his salary alone. Most men are afraid things would have to change in order for you to stay home and that would mean for certain things they had to give up certain things. If you can prove to him nothing would change, then I am sure he would go for it.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 5:24 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• For me, any job I could get would have just covered cost of childcare, lunches, gas, work clothes, and if I was lucky a bit of housekeeping. So there was no point in me paying someone else to raise my kids so that I could work to pay them...? It didn't make sense to us. If you do the math, you may find the same thing for yourself.
    ArtC

Answer by ArtC at 5:33 PM on Jul. 18, 2008