Do you think this life is all there is, or do you belive in an afterlife?

Do we have a soul and does that soul exist after our bodily death? Might there be not only an afterlife but also a whole series of material reincarnations? Or, as some physicists conjecture, is it possible that multiple variations of ourselves exist simultaneously in parallel universes?

BarbaraAnn22

Asked by BarbaraAnn22 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that we spiritual beings experiencing a human existence. And when we are done with whatever tasks we have to come to do, we will shed our skin and return to the everlasting Love and Embrace of Mother and Father God on The Other Side. And we CHOOSE to reincarnate once or hundreds of times, simply to learn and experience for ourselves and for our wonderful Father God. The ultimate reward for life IS DEATH and DEATH ultimately means BIRTH into our true selves.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I believe we all have souls and when our bodies die, they will move on. Where they will go is determined by God. As a Christian, I don't believe in reincarnation. :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• As a Bible believing Christian, I believe we all have a soul and when our earthly body dies, our spirit will live for all of eternity either in heaven or hell.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I belive in the bible so i belive that when you die its like you are sleeping. Jesus again and again refered to death as sleep. The bible has many scriptures to prove that after armogedon the world he will make over and we will live in perfect heath with perfect minds. Our dead ones from the past will be resurected we will all live on earth forever in perfect conditions. After all if Adam and Eve never sinned we would all be alive here on this earth in perfect conditions like the garden of eden. NO LOCKS ON DOORS, DOCTORS, LAWERS, GRAVE YARDS, HOSPITALS, CRIMINALS, JAILS, CORT HOUSES, NO HUNGER, NO DEATH, NO PAIN, NO TEARS. Could you imagine this is what god has promised us. Its all in your bible.
    Anonymous

• As a christian. We know that when we die are soul no longer exists but our spirit returns to god. After armogedon he will bring back all those spirits to earth and we will all live here as posted by ANON..earlier but in better conditions. Only some people will go to heaven as the bible says the high kings and priests. Im not one of those and the desire is not with in me so i will be here on earth. These high kings and priests they will govern over the earth as they will have put an end to all this. Christians belive this. For a better explanation it was all also on the hoistoy channel the other day im sure you could find it out there some where.
    Anonymous

• Read the Bible, that's where you'll find all your answers, the truth.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I do think that there is an afterlife. I do think that we have souls, which I personally think is intertwined in all that we are. I believe that when our physical bodies die our souls/spirits still remain. But I also believe that we will enter into a final judgement and if we are found to have lived a spiritual and Godly life then we will live forevermore in a paradise, with others who where found to have lived a blessed life. However, I believe that if we are found not to have lived such a life, we will be subjected to an eternity that is a painful, brutal, and neverending hell.
    Tybaby07

Answer by Tybaby07 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I would rather have faith and believe that their is one true God and live accordingly, only to discover that their isn't, then to have no faith or belief in God and find out that he really does exist.
    Alaska_Moma

Answer by Alaska_Moma at 1:20 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm a Christian. Jesus died for our sins so our souls can live forever with God our Father. I believe that if you accept Jesus as the savior and God as the Creator, and you live your life as God wants you to, you will be given the place God has prepared for you. He prepares us all a place with Him.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't believe in any afterlife.  Our earthly existence is all there is and when we die, that's it!  Game over!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:52 AM on Jan. 19, 2009