What is your concept of GOD?

In the East they often say that God is nearer to us than breathing. Is this sense of natural affinity with a higher power very far from what science is now starting to tell us: that human beings may be programmed to believe in God, and that there could be an evolutionary advantage in having a brain with the capacity to believe in God? Could this belief be a reality, not just a concept?

BarbaraAnn22

Asked by BarbaraAnn22 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think of God as a person. The person who has created all mankind, who looks over us, is there for us, who is awaiting our arrival to be with him in a place created only for us. I think that He loves us more than any person can possibly love, because he is our creator and therefore our father. I think that he has put things and people on this earth to guide us, to test us, and to show us that without a doubt he is there. And when we lose our way and don't follow the path that he has set for us, it causes him physical pain.
    So to answer the question, I do think that God is a reality. I think that he shows himself in every par tof life. From the wind through the trees, the growth of a flower, the overwhelming sense of comfurt when you know your world is falling apart, and in the very existence of us all. For the growth of a person, from conception onto death, is too much of a miracle for it to just happen.
    Tybaby07

Answer by Tybaby07 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• What is with all these questions??
    Anonymous

• I was just going to ask the same, Anon. Are you having some sort of Crisis of faith? Or are you just a curious person?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• The last 8 Q's in this section are from you, geeez louise!

It's nice to ask questions and get info, but you totally just bumped everyone else's Q's off the page and unless someone wants to sift through them all, they won't get answered now.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• "It's nice to ask questions and get info, but you totally just bumped everyone else's Q's off the page and unless someone wants to sift through them all, they won't get answered now."

Since she's bumped any question that isn't explicitly Christian to page 2 and 3, I'd guess that was the goal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2009