Is having a hard time getting pregnant.

I have a 10 year old son. About 2 years ago had a miscarriage and now I can't seem to get pregnant. We have been trying for about 6 months now. My Gynecologist seems to think nothing is wrong and that I should be getting pregnant. I just feel like something isn't right. Can anyone give me some advice?

Kristina1976

Asked by Kristina1976 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Typically, doctors are not going to help you unless you have been trying for more than a year with no result. Are your periods regular? Is not, then you may not be ovulating. My best tool when I was TTC was www.fertilityfriend.com. I ovulated very erratically and could never have pinpointed my fertile time without it. It takes some dedication, but totally worth it if you get a baby in the end! Good luvk to you!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you've heard of it try it. Theres something called the pregnancy diet. I think its alot of detox such as alot of fruits and veggies. I'd eat as much broccoli as you can stand. I believe that has alot of folic acid in it. Are you taking prenatal vitamins? Oh and ReLaX! That can have alot to do with it. My cousin took all the drugs and all the hightech ways, she was nothing but miserable. She went on the preggy diet an BAM! She also moved to FLA . (a more relaxed environment as oppesed to DC)
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 11:33 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• Ask your doctor to check your hormones? All of them! I have high testosterone and it makes it really difficult for me to concieve, but the ob never thought to test me untill I gained 70 pounds a month after giving birth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechlser. It will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2009