When will I start gaining weight? I am 13 weeks pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• some peope just start later im 10 weeks and have already gained 7 lbs. :( lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Don't rush it. Every ones body is different. You don't want to gain weight too early beacause by the end of it you will be huge and the more weight you put on, the more you will have to take off. A pregnancy is normally 40 weeks and the average person gains about 20-40 lbs. You might be one of those who gains only 20-25 lbs by the end of it. Consider yourself lucky.
    StevensWife

Answer by StevensWife at 5:34 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• @ 14 wks i had gained about 3-5 pounds
    Jackie0216

Answer by Jackie0216 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Everyone is different. A lot of women actually lose weight in their first trimester (a factor of morning sickness) and gain later. I lost 13 lbs in my first trimester and only gained 18 lbs throughout the pregnancy. My belly was so small that I only bought one pair of maternity jeans when I was eight months pregnant.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 6:32 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• Ideally you will gain the most weight in the last trimester. Right now everything else is developing. The baby won't put on much weight until later.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:09 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• im 6 months pregnant and i only have gain 12 pounds so far
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jul. 21, 2008