I think i need a docs help

I am super depressed ALL of the time. The only time I am truly happy is when spending time with my daughter. I have no one to talk to. When I say no one I mean NO ONE! My daughters father wont talk to me like I need him to and I dont have anyother family or friends to run to. I thought this would go away but it has been 15 months now and its worse. I wish I had insurance to go to the doctor but i dont. I dont know what to do anymore. all i know is i cant take it.

giasmommy20

Asked by giasmommy20 at 11:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• If you are NOT on any meds (prescribed or OTC) then look into St. John's Wort. It is a herbal med that helps with depression. If you start taking any meds otherwise you should stop taking the herbal at once. I would suggest seeing a doctor....I know you don't have insurance but save your money and go. It's really important to take care of yourself.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• If you feel this is serious you could go to DSHS or the ER.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I agree with trying St John's Wort. You should notice a difference in 3- 4 days if it works for you.
    tsa_momma

Answer by tsa_momma at 12:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Have you tried doing things different. Like a new hair cut or style, or rearranging a room in your house? Stuff like that may help you feel a little better. If you want to talk, pm me. I know what you're feeling :-)
    tsa_momma

Answer by tsa_momma at 12:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Not having anyone to talk to in itself could be what's making you feel depressed. I find that if I hop in the car and just go window shopping, or take my kid/s to the park, anything to break up the routine it helps me a lot.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:40 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• My husband has been taking St John's Wort and says he thinks it's helping, so you might want to try that. Or just getting out of the house, like others have said. I definately feel that way sometimes. I'm at home alone a lot too. If you want someone to talk to, feel free to message me! I hope things get better for you!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:55 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• you can try a free clinic and and get free meds or at a low cost or you can try just goin for a walk by yourself.. if you ever need to talk to someone we are all here for you! pm me if you ever need someone.. take care
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 5:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Exercise & eat right. Stay on a schedule with going to bed & getting up. Believe it or not, those few changes help so much. However, I would definately do what the others said, do something for yourself (paint your nails, get a hair cut, take a bubble bath, etc...) & take St. John's Wort when you get the $.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Hope things get better for you quickly... start exercising or join a gym some are inexpensive... take a class so you have opportunity to meet new people.... all of the above are good suggestions.

Take Care-
    miko1982

Answer by miko1982 at 9:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I usually don't answer questions, but I know exactly how you feel. I lost my Mom a year and a half ago, my sister moved away, and I am now pregnant with my second child. My 23 mo. old son is all I have during the day while my husband is at work. When hubby comes home he isn't much of a talker. I know I was severely depressed during the beginning of my pregnancy, but I am beginning to come out of it. I am sure it has a lot to do with hormones. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone. If you ever want to talke, just let me know. I will be glad to try and help. Also, I have heard that St. Johns Wart does help a lot.
    Keene

Answer by Keene at 3:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2009