What can I take

My son has a virus and has been running a fever and vomiting today as a mother of 2 I can't afford to get what he has so I am wondering what I can take to help my body fight it off so I can stay ok and car for my babies. He is dealing with enough already the poor little guy without mommy being sick on top of it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Health

• It sounds basic, but take care of yourself. Get enough sleep, take naps if you aren't sleeping through the night, eat properly, that kind of thing. Adults tend to get sick when they are run down. AND, oddly, keep happy. Happy people are healthier than stressed out people.
    Geeg

Answer by Geeg at 9:59 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Its been going through my family one be one too. For us it's just a 24 hour bug that none of us could avoid.
    tsa_momma

Answer by tsa_momma at 12:00 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think the biggest thing you can do is WASH YOUR HANDS and keep everything super clean. Recently my boys were sick and I kept a small bottle of antibacterial stuff close by. Any time I even was near them I cleaned my hands. And make sure to clean their hands periodically too. Wash clothing and bedding often and wipe down kitchen and bathroom counters often.
    I know it's not really something you can "take," but it really is the best prevention, especially for the flu stuff.
    MommyWantsAGirl

Answer by MommyWantsAGirl at 12:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Ok thank you both!!! Hopefully if I cant avoid it all together then I can at least tone it down some I want to be up to par for taking care of my kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 19, 2009