Do you like the name...?

Branna. If we have a girl, this is one of the ones we really like. Her dad's name is Brannon, and i really want the baby named after him in some way. And Branna is cute, i think. I've heard it sounds 'ghetto', but i don't think so. I don't like Brianna. Some other choices are Carleigh and Teagan. I really like Matilda too.

What do you guys think?

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 11:52 PM on Jan. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's cute. I like Carleigh too.
    MommyWantsAGirl

Answer by MommyWantsAGirl at 11:58 PM on Jan. 18, 2009

• I think Branna is adorable!!!
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:01 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I don't like it... to me it looks like you spelled Brianna wrong. It might make a better middle name. OR you could take the end of his name... and go with something like Rhiannon

I DO like Carleigh and Matilda... very cute
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:02 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Thats totally up to you and him. But I have a cousin named Teagan, I love that name. Branna is deffinatly unique. I dont think it sounds ghetto or stupid. Just not usual.
    When I was choosing names there was three things I kept in mind. #1 How can kids make fun of it #2 will the teachers have a hard time saying it? #3 Can the name follow the child into adulthood without looking like a fool?
    Anyway thats my advice.... :)
    SillyMomma

Answer by SillyMomma at 12:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Be careful with names that sound close. My hubby's name is Kyle and our son is Cole. Everyone gets it mixed up lol but I still love the name and it's short and simple like my hubbys'
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 12:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• im sorry i dont. i like names like Vivien and Madeline and Evangeline :]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I love the name Teagan! I think Branna is cute, but I think it'd get mispronounced a lot (it sounds SO similar to Brianna that people may call her that if they can't understand what you're saying).
    NFLplayerswife

Answer by NFLplayerswife at 3:03 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• How about "Brannah Matilda"? Sounds Irish more than anything else. It might help avoid the mispronounciation also. I say go for it. I like old world sounding names, and this combination sounds like Celtic royalty.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:32 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I like Branna and I love Teagon!!!!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 8:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2009