Do you think Obama is getting to look like sort of a "Celeb" with all the hype?? Do u you know his Inquguration is costing 150,000,000!! I thought we were in a reccesion here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You may be struggling in this economy but some people are not. Taxpayers are not paying for this:) And no he does not look like a "celeb" anymore than any of the other presidents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• It's been a bit hard for our family to swallow. How many families could he have helped not loose their homes with that money?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I'm really happy about Obama seems very down to earth type of guy but it's the Media as always but that is alot of money, not sure who pays for it or where the$$ comes from
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I think private donations are MOST likey paying 4 it!! MAybe Oprah. lol Well hes gonna have alot of celebs there. Hes obviously well liked as so was Bill Clinton Our first black Presi so, I dont mind!!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• What should we do - throw a potluck?

Geez.

It is a historic moment for our country - we want to look pretty. Nothing wrong in that.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 12:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• who really care?

i'ma party to celebrate tomorrow night! whoot whoot!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• He's the rock star president - the one who gets a free pass on things everyone else is skewered for. Unwed teenage mother? If you're the candidate's kid, for SHAME, but if you're the candidate's mom, free pass. History of drug abuse? If you're W, you're evil and only have what you have because people pulled strings, if you're O, hey, no problem, you were just a kid, experimenting, like everyone else! Your cabinet picks have a few issues? If your tie is red it's all part of your machiavellian conspiracy, finally come to light. If your tie is blue, eh, how could you know? You can't be expected to know everything! He's the Brittney Spears of politics.
    Anonymous

• its because he is black or half or what ever everyone feels they have to make a bigger deal about him and its bull in my book he is another MAN that won the election that is it just a man and that is all that should matter
    that is all that mattered to me when i voted for him is that he was a good man not because his skin color now people think his skin color is the most important thing and its old and annoying i actauly find myself wanting to buy those stupid obama mags and starting a bond fire his color should not matter
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Yes, I do think it's beginning to look a little over the top. And I don't know WHO pays for it..who does? I'm honestly asking...who pays for all these parties? And are they any more or less expensive than previous years' parties? If anyone has an answer or a link to an answer (even better) I'd like to see it. I know these types of things are expensive, but 150 million seems freaking outrageous. On the other hand, if it's private donations, it's their own money to spend however they want. I just don't want it to be the taxpayer money on TEN parties. Just a little much,and I don't care WHO the president is.
    LeighAnne3

Answer by LeighAnne3 at 12:48 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• http://newsbusters.org/blogs/rich-noyes/2009/01/14/ap-slammed-bush-s-extravagant-inaugural-05-now-it-s-spend-baby-spend
    here is a link
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jan. 19, 2009