Rotavirus? Stomach flu? adult content

I suspect our family has been exposed to rotavirus or some type of stomach bug. We have had a month of repeat vomiting, gas and severe diarrhea between 2 adults and 3 children. No matter how much I wash hands, Lysol, sanitize it just seems to keep passing around and around. We have been keeping hydrated but does it just have to go away or do we need to see a doctor?

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 12:39 PM on Feb. 20, 2012 in Health

• So, I'm sure you're cleaning your sheets, pillows, mattress pads, etc.

Are you opening your windows a couple of times a day for fresh air?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 12:44 PM on Feb. 20, 2012

• Oh, you really should see a doctor. If someone's sick they need to be secluded so they don't spread germs everywhere.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 12:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2012

• yep been laundering EVERYTHING. Running dishes through the dishwasher for sanitation too. And been opening the windows at least once a week (weather providing) and have let the kids go out to play when thy are feeling okay for fresh air as well. (I home school my oldest and my youngest is 10 months so this would have either come home with my 5 year old from preschool or my husband from college)
    hotrodmomma

Comment by hotrodmomma (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Feb. 20, 2012

• I think it's time to take a trip to the doctor. It sounds like you're doing everything in your power to get rid of the virus so it wouldn't hurt to just get a work up.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 12:51 PM on Feb. 20, 2012

• Everyone should start taking a probiotic
    it may not be the virus that keeps rotating after the initial infection,it could be diarrhea from an imbalance of good flora in the gut.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 20, 2012

• "Everyone should start taking a probiotic"

This is good advice too. It certainly can't hurt
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 12:55 PM on Feb. 20, 2012