What does a gallbladder attack feel like?

TeaAnderson

Asked by TeaAnderson at 12:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Health

• OH my goodness!!! Mine were so bad I was doubled over in pain. They started off feeling like a burp and than just out of no where I would be screaming and crying. The best way to get rid of it is to throw up. I know disgusting but it helps. Next stay away from fried food and dairy. I had to have mine out after giving birth to my first daugher. Emergency surgery. It was the size of a baseball they say but I dont know.
    heatherlyn84

Answer by heatherlyn84 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• Hell on earth. Sharp horrible pain, that seems like it must be in your stomach, but you really know it's not, seemingly out of the blue and all you can do is close your eyes and take deep breaths like you're in labor until it stops. The first few times I actually thought it was some sort of pulled muscle, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what muscle it could be. I also gave brief consideration to the possibility that I'd been abducted and impregnated by a very mean alien.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I thought that I was having an heartattack. I really thought I was dying. I told my husband just to let me die. It was awful. Worse than labor by far.
    proudmom2x

Answer by proudmom2x at 3:14 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• I had undiagnosed attacks for almost a year. For me it was an intense pain mostly in my upper back. I thought I was dying once it was so bad. I always felt short of breath and the morons at several ER's never read "Gallstones" on the countless MRI's and Ultrasounds I had. My gallbladder was so full of stones it was a solid mass on the scans. It was a co-worker that said "sounds like gallstones" that got me to call my doctor and say "I think i have gallstones" a look at the past scans confirmed it and I was told it was so bad that I was scheduled to have it removed the very next day! Only thing that stinks is now that's it's gone I have to live with horrible "bile dumps" which cause cramps and diarrhea almost daily!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:11 AM on Jan. 19, 2009