If I type a book into my journals could i get into trouble for copying it. I would Give all credit to Author of the book

I just got a book from someone. And the book is not mine and i would like to share with others that might not be able to have it. Or would like to have it and just dont have the money. Please Help me THANKS

4points

Asked by 4points at 12:26 AM on Jan. 19, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I believe you can take a quote from a book, with credits, but actually copying it, does violate copywrite law.
    shiningsoul

Answer by shiningsoul at 12:45 AM on Jan. 19, 2009

• you can take quotes yes, but to type out an entire book would violate copyright laws even if you give credit as the author sells their books, they don't want them just posted for public viewing on the internet.
    Anonymous